
6 am. It's cold. The alarm is ringing. In your ear. You're forced to drag yourself out of bed, despite your intense need to lie asleep. You finally reach the bathroom. And then....out of no where... the Mamma Mia soundtrack starts resounding throughout your entire household. 6 am. My father. The brilliant man that he is, decides to enjoy the works of ABBA. With absolute disregard for the entire neighbourhood. Singing. At. The. Top. Of. His. Lungs. No less. Oh and it's not like he knew all the words. I could hear my 14 year old sister's desperate attempts at "shutting him up". It was a hard battle to be won. She waved the white flag with, 'you are the dancing queen...young and sweet... only seventeeennnnn...', playing in the background.
The man's gone wonky.
I got to use the shredder at the office just now! Fun! All was well, till I received a howler. Yes a howler. Like the one Ron received from his mom in The Chamber of Secrets: "RONALD WEASLEY. HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR. I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED. YOUR FATHER IS NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT. IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE. WE'RE BRINGING YOU STRAIGHT HOME." Yes. That was off the top of my head. Well..I received one from my mother via the advanced technology of the handphone. Remember Ron's reaction? Well it was plastered across my face.
Mom: JULIANNA SHALINI D'CRUZ. WHY. WHY. IS YOUR HANDPHONE BILL $XXX.XX
Me: I don't know Mom...I am sorry.
Mom: Your messaging. 1905 messages! No more messaging! And calling for the next bus?? I didn't know they had such a service!
Me: Yes Mom, it's called Ask Iris. It tells you when the bus is coming.
Mom: Well! You just wait for the bus! No need to call Iris anymore!
Damn it, there goes my addiction. The women's gone wonky.
Wonky. My new favourite word :) The weekend is here. Yea, and it will be gone with a swish and flick. Man... Jules...get a life....